PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] File Sharing over Network in Kubuntu

amir786_z
May 2nd, 2011, 07:59 AM
Hi there guys i have just installed Kubuntu.. i have an issue in sharing files in kubuntu over the network..

when i go to

folder->Properties->share->configure file sharing
when i click on configure file sharing after typing in my password nothing happens..

can someone tell me wat is the issue?

amir786_z
May 3rd, 2011, 07:08 AM
No one knows how to share a folder in kubuntu over the network?:(
Do i need any software for sharing in kubuntu.

amir786_z
May 4th, 2011, 07:06 AM
Noone kind enough to help ???? thats very sad:(:(

amir786_z
May 5th, 2011, 08:19 AM
hellllllllllloooooooooooo anyone there ???

amir786_z
May 7th, 2011, 06:24 AM
can someone tell me the procedure to share files on kubuntu over the newtwork...

ankspo71
May 7th, 2011, 10:49 AM
Hi,
I always use Dropbox (http://www.dropbox.com/) (file sync and storage) and Teamviewer (http://www.teamviewer.com/) (VNC and file transfer). Both have downloads for Windows Mac and Linux, and both have free of charge versions.
Hope this helps.

amir786_z
May 9th, 2011, 11:46 AM
thanks for replying...:D

but i want to share the folder on my kubuntu over Local Area Network so that my friends can access these folder over LAN

sorry if i was not clear before.

amir786_z
May 10th, 2011, 08:26 PM
anybody kind enough to help????:):):)

amir786_z
May 13th, 2011, 01:48 AM
no one ever shared a folder over local area network in kubuntu:confused::confused:... thats strange..:confused::confused:

amir786_z
May 15th, 2011, 08:59 PM
no kubuntu expert????:(:(

jonandrews
May 16th, 2011, 12:22 PM
I am, as you say, no Kubuntu expert. However, I have have written a series of step-by-step guides to networking between Ubuntu & Windows. They may be helpful in finding the way forward in Kubuntu..
www.europe.eclipse.co.uk/Ubuntu/

amir786_z
May 18th, 2011, 11:51 AM
now i get it.. i have to use nautilus file manager instead of dolphin to share a file over LAN..:):)

amir786_z
May 18th, 2011, 11:55 AM
I am, as you say, no Kubuntu expert. However, I have have written a series of step-by-step guides to networking between Ubuntu & Windows. They may be helpful in finding the way forward in Kubuntu..
www.europe.eclipse.co.uk/Ubuntu/

thanks for the reply.. but i know how to share in ubuntu.. i wanted to know how to share in kubuntu.. because kubuntu uses dolphin instead of nautilus file manager.. and sharing tab is not working in Dolphin. now i have installed nautilus file manager to share files over the network...:)

neanderslob
May 25th, 2011, 10:38 PM
This is rather frustrating isn't it. I periodically look to see if documentation on this sort of thing has gotten better but it's always so cryptic for something that should be relatively simple.