PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Mobile Broadband application

lilifiz
May 1st, 2011, 11:51 PM
Hi guys... is there a way to make phone calls and send SMS via mobile broadband 3G modem, i mean an application for the 3G modem which is similar to the one provided for windows by the manufacturer???

lilifiz
May 8th, 2011, 08:57 AM
well, as yet no answers has been provided for this issue, i will re-construct my question: the issue is that my ISP is offering a service packet as a daily bases activation by sending a SMS to a specific number then the service will be activated for the next 24 hours, so i am using cellphone to send this SMS and then using the SIM card again in the 3G modem.. it's pain in the a*s actually to this daily thou.. so all i want is to figure a procedure or an application inside ubuntu to do it for me instead of switching my SIM card between the cellphone and the modem... any ideas??? help in this issue will be really appreciated...

lilifiz
May 8th, 2011, 12:29 PM
found something promising here:http://www.ubuntugeek.com/launch2net-mobile-internet-connection-manager-for-ubuntu.html
but it didn't work for me as i am using ubuntu 11.04 which is not supported by them yet... hope someone will find a way to make it work on 11.04