PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] UNITY - What happened to the System Selections?

tigerg
May 1st, 2011, 05:20 AM
I'm not liking Unity at all. I liked the old drop-down menus at the top of the screen. When I needed to change a preference or use one of the system tools they were right there under the System selection. I have no clue where they are hidden in Unity.

kerry_s
May 1st, 2011, 05:24 AM
bottom of the power menu
or
the search is the fastest way to find apps

you can also right click on the app icon, i removed those so no pic.

xvart
June 16th, 2011, 01:18 AM
Search is only good if you know the name of the app otherwise it's worse than useless as no organized method now exists to locate by function group.

wildmanne39
June 16th, 2011, 08:31 AM
Search is only good if you know the name of the app otherwise it's worse than useless as no organized method now exists to locate by function group.
Hi you can install the panel at the top of natty just like you had in gnome2, or do like I did I intalled awn launcher from synaptic and installed jan applet that has the menu just like gnome2 has at the top but it sits on my launcher in an incon until I click on it the the menu opens up just like gnoime2. This is a guide to change the top panel to gnome2 it is way down the page and you have to read carefully to find it. I'm sorry I guess it is late I can not seem to find the guide at the moment to change the top panel.