PDA

View Full Version : [kubuntu] Networking Widget fails to enable wireless card.

Ironlenny
May 1st, 2011, 01:07 AM
I just upgraded to natty last night, and everything is working fine execpt for the network manager. I can enable and configure the wireless card via bash, but the network manager widget will not manage the wireless card.

When I first boot up, the "Enable wireless" check box is greyed out. After I enable the card via the terminal, the "Enable wireless" check box becomes ungreyed, but every time I click it, it instiantly unchecks itself. I feel like Currly from the Three Stoogies. Check, uncheck, Check, uncheck. Mmmmph. "Slaps face repeatedly."

Has anyone one encountered this problem? Any suggestions?

linuksamiko
May 1st, 2011, 10:35 AM
I'm having the same problem. I thought this might be a general problem but it look like it is only a KDE related bug.

This is really anoying and yesterday it worked after a few times of disabeling and enabeling the network but today it wouldn't work at all anymore.

I would be glad too if somebody had a solution for this

linuksamiko
May 1st, 2011, 10:43 AM
I gues I found something here (https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/plasma-widget-networkmanagement/+bug/762443). I will try it out right now.
Basicly it say there are some issues with the old plasma-widget-networkmanagement and the new network-manager-kde. Since I upgrade my computer now for quite a few releases there might be some old packages left over. I give it a try.