PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Asus p8p67 MB

ProphetOfDoom
April 30th, 2011, 05:19 PM
Hi,

I'm putting together a spec for a new PC. I'm contemplating the Asus P8P67 Main Board (not the pro or deluxe - just the base model) but it's hard to figure out whether this is fully compatible with linux.

Is anyone using this board with Natty 11.04 and able to share their experience?

Thanks

rwsmith61
May 5th, 2011, 02:26 AM
Hi,

I'm putting together a spec for a new PC. I'm contemplating the Asus P8P67 Main Board (not the pro or deluxe - just the base model) but it's hard to figure out whether this is fully compatible with linux.

Is anyone using this board with Natty 11.04 and able to share their experience?

Thanks

I have the p8P67 rev B3 MB with the i7-2600K CPU. I have spoken with other people that have the Deluxe and Pro version of the MB. So far no one has spoken of any specific compatibility issues with the HW. There was a thread on the cpu/temp/volt/fan monitor or the MB but that has been resolved. See
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1675550&highlight=p8p67

I am quite happy with this MB/CPU combination. I have never had a more responsive system. I have a Radeon 4550 GPU and 8GB Corsair Vengence DDR3-1600 RAM. I also bought the Logitech MK710 wireless KB+mouse that works well with the UEFI BIOS.

The sound works but I am only using basic stereo. The Ethernet interface works. The USB3 and SATA 6Gbps ports work well with Natty. IMHO, go for it and don't skimp on the CPU. I have a Microcenter close by which made my decision easier by offering upto $100 off the i7-2600k.

Bob
--bs