PDA

View Full Version : Active project?

shane2peru
April 20th, 2011, 04:36 AM
Is this still an active project? I check back, but don't seem to find anything for 10.10, and less for 11.04 to be released in just a few short weeks. Last instructions I found on the UbuntuCE web site showed karmic instructions. I'm continuing to look for a good way to setup DansGuardian, and allow me ssh access from computer to computer on my network. Just wondered if this was still and active project.

Shane

kurok
April 21st, 2011, 10:30 PM
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1492885
try this link it might help some

shane2peru
April 21st, 2011, 10:53 PM
From post #65 down, it seems as though this is dieing? I always stop by and check in on things, but seems as though it isn't keeping up. That is kind of too bad since I always did like the project, though I didn't alway use it, I did use some of the stuff off of it though.

Shane

jonathonblake
April 26th, 2011, 02:30 PM
Is this still an active project?

a) A now deleted page at ubuntuce.com stated that development had ceased;

b) A different, but also deleted page at ubuntuce.com stated that released would be done against Ubuntu LTS releases;

Wandering through the posts here (Ubuntuforums.org), there are messages that confirm both propositions, and messages that deny both of those propositions.

Regardless of the above two statements, the earthquake on 11 March would have put paid to a release of Ubuntu Christian Edition 11.04, and possibly also 11.10.

All of which is a round about way of saying that it is time to discuss whether or not a formal organization to manage Ubuntu Christian Edition should be established.

jonathon