PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Netbook Power issues on 10.10 and above.

Arcadium
April 17th, 2011, 06:17 AM
So, here is my dilema.

I have an HP Mini Netbook, a CQ10-400. It was a Bestbuy Black Friday deal, and for the most part, i've been very happy with this little machine. However, i've had a lot of difficulty getting Ubuntu working on this machine.

To start, I installed 10.10. Everything worked great, drivers and all. However, the machine would always lock up on shutdown and restart, and is unable to go into Sleep or Hibernate. What i've had to do to shutdown is hit shutdown, and just hold the powerbutton after. It halts at different points, sometimes the desktop just goes blank and thats it, sometimes I get a shutdown script and then it freezes, etc. But Hibernate and Sleep and Restart still isn't there.

Windows XP and Windows 7 booth have been able to do all of this, as well as Mac OS X when I tried to hackintosh it. Even Jolicloud, which runs Ubuntu 9.10 if i'm correct, is capable of sleep and hibernate and all of the power options.

I just updated to 11.04 Beta, hoping it might do something, but alas, no results. I really need this, as a netbook it's pretty important to have sleep, and a proper shutdown would be nice. I read somewhere about editing the ACPI in the Grub folder, but I don't have that. I'm a bit new to Linux, but i'm a fast learner. Any help would be excellent!