PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Empty /var/run/eucalyptus/net, dhcp not starting

Luis Rodero-Merino
April 13th, 2011, 11:45 AM
Hi,

I'm trying to install eucalyptus-cloud and eucalyptus-cc in an ubuntu server machine (10.04). I use MANAGED-NOVLAN mode, but the dhcp is not started. In fact, the /var/run/eucalyptus/net folder is empty, but the log files in /var/log/eucalyptus/cloud* do not show any error message.

Can you give me any clue where to start looking for potential causes for these problems? I'm specially concerned about the fact that /var/run/eucalyptus/net does not contain anything.

Thank you very much for your help and support!

Luis Rodero-Merino
April 14th, 2011, 10:49 AM
Just to clarify, syslog does not provide any clue about possible error causes. It seems to me that it can be a problem with permissions, but I'm not sure. Starting eucalyptus as 'root' user (changing EUCA_USER='root' in /etc/eucalyptus//eucalyptus.conf) does not seem to have any effect.

So, does anyone know who is supposed to create the /var/run/eucalyptus/net/euca-dhcp.conf file? That could give me a clue about what is happening...

Luis Rodero-Merino
April 14th, 2011, 11:14 AM
Side note: the '/' of the machines where I'm trying to install Eucalyptus are mounted through NFS. Could that be a problem?

kim0
April 18th, 2011, 07:38 PM
Hi there,
Please check the recommended package install instructions at
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/UEC/PackageInstall
Hope that helps :)