PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] HPC6380 Printer doesn't print correct photo's

Nitewalker
April 13th, 2011, 06:16 AM
I am using Ubuntu 10.10, and have just installed HPLIP-3.11.3a and when I try and print a 4x6 border-less photo, and having it marked for landscape and no borders, it prints a scrunched up copy of the photo in the middle of the paper. The picture is of correct height but length is short about 1 inch on left and 1 1/2 inches on right. what do I need to do to get it to print a normal 4.6 border-less print?

Rodhill
May 12th, 2012, 11:51 AM
I am using Ubuntu 10.10, and have just installed HPLIP-3.11.3a and when I try and print a 4x6 border-less photo, and having it marked for landscape and no borders, it prints a scrunched up copy of the photo in the middle of the paper. The picture is of correct height but length is short about 1 inch on left and 1 1/2 inches on right. what do I need to do to get it to print a normal 4.6 border-less print?

I've got the same problem with my HP3050a printer in Ubuntu12.04. Doesn't matter what I do the photo either prints at one end off centre or in the middle as above. Has anyone solved this? It's very frustrating and wasting expensive paper:(

Rod

agillator
May 12th, 2012, 01:57 PM
Does it do the same regardless of the program used to print the photo? What format is the photo file? JPG, PNG, PDF, TIFF??? Do you have a second printer you can print to and does it do the same on it? Does it do the same if you print with portrait orientation?