View Full Version : [ubuntu] Uninstalling Ubuntu :(

April 11th, 2011, 10:29 PM
I've had massive problems with my original OS after installing Ubuntu 10.10 (http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1726405) so i've decided that I'm going to use Ubuntu and install it on my old PC... but I'm not sure how to do this and remove GRUB as well!

Are there any step by step guides I can follow to remove Ubuntu, GRUB and get the harddrive space back on my Macbook

Thanks in advance!

April 11th, 2011, 10:52 PM
I'm not sure I follow you. You have Ubuntu on your Macbook but you want to remove it and re-install MacOS? I wouldn't have thought there would be a need to remove anything. Simply insert the MacOS installation DVD and install. It should format the drive for you since it won't recognise the Linux partitions and if you have a mbr partition table it will create a GUID partition table.

April 12th, 2011, 08:59 PM
Hey, yeah I've got OSx still installed on my macbook but because of GRUB when I restart it to use the utilities/reinstall OSx it doesnt work!

So there isn't any need to remove Ubuntu either if I can get around this problem with the boot disks then? Just simply install OSx over the top of everything thats there?!?

April 12th, 2011, 09:04 PM
Whoa, before you do that, have a look in this sub-forum:

I didn't realise you had a MacOS/Ubuntu dual-boot. I'm sure it's possible to remove grub and still use your original MacOS installation if you prefer that.