PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] internal memory stick card reader of sony vaio VGN-NW20EF doesn't work

Jordanbadangayon
April 9th, 2011, 09:11 AM
Hi to all. I have a problem with my Sony vaio VGN-NW20EF laptop. It seems that the internal memory stick reader that comes with it doesn't work in Ubuntu (it works perfectly in windows 7). Everytime I insert a memory stick, nothing happens. I read in a thread that i should format my memory stick to FAT32 so i went back to windows and formatted my memory stick to FAT32. However, it still doesn't work so i think it is the internal memory stick card reader that has the problem. i haven't yet tried using an external reader. I am very new to Ubuntu (and linux) so i don't know yet how to do tweaks. Any help please... thank you so much.

chris3689
April 17th, 2011, 12:03 AM
Not so much helpful, as I have the same problem with my VPCF122FX. However, I think we have to rely on Sony for a fix and from what I've heard (aside from the PS3) Sony isn't very Linux friendly. I recently reformatted my drive with a Windows 7 Ultimate and until I installed Sony's drivers for the memory card reader, Windows wasn't able to use the readers either.

Jordanbadangayon
May 5th, 2011, 05:05 PM
thanks for replying... yeah, i guess that's it then. I'll just use an external card reader. :)