PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] GStreamer/NVidia driver problem

maximo1010
April 9th, 2011, 09:09 AM
Hello, I have a problem with GStreamer. Pure-black bold text and Flash applets (or whatever they're called >_<) appear very glitchy. This is not screenshotable, I've tried to screenshot it but it appears completely normal on the screenshot. Well, the pure-black text is white inside it and Flash graphics are also glitchy. I'm assuming this is a driver problem, not a GStreamer problem, though. This sseems to not be there first, but soon it appears. It's annoying me to hell. Looks like it appears when I use Flash.

Thanks in advance!
PS: I own an Acer Aspire 8930G with an NVIDIA 9700M GT, if that means something.
Edit: SOLVED! Disabled hardware acceleration in Flash and goodbye white blackness! :KS

taseedorf
April 9th, 2011, 11:21 PM
Try turning off all effects such as compiz and such.

ALSO, try compiling the NVidia drivers from Nvidia....

maximo1010
April 17th, 2011, 10:26 AM
Try turning off all effects such as compiz and such.

ALSO, try compiling the NVidia drivers from Nvidia....

Turning off Compiz didn't help, however, they're basically essential for me, and believe it or not, the main reason I actually use Linux. And how do I compile? I don't want to risk screwing up my video. ./configure make sudo make install didn't help.

carnytom
April 25th, 2011, 05:02 PM
I was having same issue.. seems like I fixed it. I open nvdia x control panel, sent the display size from auto to the size I want and set the hrz to 60 instead of auto.. hit apply and the glitchy text and images seem to be corrected.