PDA

View Full Version : [Linux Mint_] Configure default audio input within wine

arkanys
April 5th, 2011, 09:23 PM
Hello, I've been running Linux Mint (KDE, x64) for a couple months now, and have run into an issue I'm having trouble solving with only advice from other threads.

I'm in the process of converting a record collection to digital/cds. I'm using a USB turntable to do so.

The device shows up fine in the system, and I'm able to record with Audacity. That works fine. However I have a Windows program called "Spin it again" which I find works much better, or more to my liking. However I hate having to reboot into Windows whenever I want to work with them, because that means I'm limited in other areas of work (due to everything being set up in Mint).

So, I've installed Spin it Again in Mint via Wine, but my USB turntable isn't recognized within the program. The only options that show up for selection are 'Default Wave Device', 'default', and 'default'(again).

I'd like help on how to configure Wine so that either my turntable shows up within the program, or the input stream of the turntable to be one of these 'defaults'.

As for specifics, I'm running an Ion turntable on Linux Mint x64 KDE edition (10.10).
Wine v1.2.2-0 with ALSA audio driver
Spin it Again v2.5.43

Thanks for your help!
~Arkanys

davidmohammed
April 5th, 2011, 09:30 PM
if the windows application depends on a USB device, then I'm afraid you are out of luck - wine doesnt (yet) support USB devices.

pricetech
April 5th, 2011, 10:29 PM
You might try windows in a VM.

Artificial Intelligence
April 6th, 2011, 04:34 AM
Moved to Other OS/Distro Talk Forum.