PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Login screen error

ttristan
March 26th, 2011, 03:56 PM
There's something wrong with the login screen of my ubuntu system.It was divided into two parts with a mittellinie,the right part is a zoomed out mirror of the left part.Both of keyboard and screen keyboard can't be used.
I take a picture of the login screen and acttached it to this message.
My english is not very good,if you don't understand ,just look at the acttached piciture and you'll know what i mean.

thanks.

Krytarik
March 26th, 2011, 04:13 PM
When you are at the login screen
- press Ctrl+Alt+F1 to switch to a console
- login there
- run those commands:

sudo service gdm stop
sudo -u gdm gconftool-2 /desktop/gnome/applications/at/screen_magnifier_enabled --type bool --set false
sudo -u gdm gconftool-2 /desktop/gnome/applications/at/screen_keyboard_enabled --type bool --set false
sudo service gdm start

Greetings.

ttristan
March 26th, 2011, 04:31 PM
When you are at the login screen
- press Ctrl+Alt+F1 to switch to a console
- login there
- run those commands:

sudo service gdm stop
sudo -u gdm gconftool-2 /desktop/gnome/applications/at/screen_magnifier_enabled --type bool --set false
sudo -u gdm gconftool-2 /desktop/gnome/applications/at/screen_keyboard_enabled --type bool --set false
sudo service gdm start

Greetings.

Ctrl+Alt+Fx can't be use but i can login with recorvery mode.I'll try you commands and thanks so much.

Krytarik
March 26th, 2011, 04:46 PM
Ctrl+Alt+Fx can't be use but i can login with recorvery mode.
Yeah, I didn't mind that you apparently can't use any keys. :P "Recovery mode" should work then.

Then you just need to run both of those commands in a terminal, and reboot:

ttristan
March 26th, 2011, 05:18 PM
Yeah, I didn't mind that you apparently can't use any keys. :P "Recovery mode" should work then.

Then you just need to run both of those commands in a terminal, and reboot:

Hi Krytarik,
Your first command has been works, the login screen looked good.But the second command only close the screen keyborad,my Keyboard still can't be use,any keys can't be use.

Krytarik
March 26th, 2011, 05:47 PM
I'm not sure if this is because of a bug or just a misconfiguration.

1.) bug report (Fedora): https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=676827

2.) Check the file "~/.dmrc" in your home directory, I have it that way, using german keyboard layout:

[Desktop]
Language=en_US.utf8
Layout=de
Session=gnome
Langlist=en_US:en
LCMess=en_US.UTF-8

ttristan
March 27th, 2011, 04:34 AM
I'm not sure if this is because of a bug or just a misconfiguration.

1.) bug report (Fedora): https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=676827

2.) Check the file "~/.dmrc" in your home directory, I have it that way, using german keyboard layout:

[Desktop]
Language=en_US.utf8
Layout=de
Session=gnome
Langlist=en_US:en
LCMess=en_US.UTF-8

I can't found ~/.dmrc,i've searched it under the root directory.
Still don't know how to fix my issue after readed the bug report carefully,there are no directory "/etc/sysconfig/keyboard" in my system which was mentioned in the bug report.

Krytarik
March 27th, 2011, 04:41 AM
I can't found ~/.dmrc,i've searched it under the root directory.
It's in your home directory, like I said.

Still don't know how to fix my issue after readed the bug report carefully,there are no directory "/etc/sysconfig/keyboard" in my system which was mentioned in the bug report.
Because it's Fedora.

You may try re-installing "gdm":

sudo apt-get install --reinstall gdm

ttristan
March 27th, 2011, 05:22 AM
It's in your home directory, like I said.

Because it's Fedora.

You may try re-installing "gdm":

sudo apt-get install --reinstall gdm

I know what's mean "home directory",I searched ".dmrc" in root directory use command "$find / -name *dmrc" and it return nothing.
I'll try reinstall the gdm.

ttristan
March 27th, 2011, 08:33 AM
Well.This is not a issue,it just because im a foolish.
In login screen
1.click the button with a little man icon in bottom bar ..
2.click Universal Access Preferences.
And then a window which have several checkboxes on it would be shown.
Check the item "Use screen magnifier",the screen will be divided into to parts.
And the keyboard,the reason is the item "Press and hold keys to accept them (slow keys)" was checked,press and hold a key for a while then the computer will accept it.

Thanks very very much for Krytarik's help.

Krytarik
March 27th, 2011, 03:36 PM
And the keyboard,the reason is the item "Press and hold keys to accept them (slow keys)" was checked,press and hold a key for a while then the computer will accept it.

Ah, I didn't thought of that option. :p

You're welcome!