PDA

View Full Version : [gnome] Elegant Gnome Won't Stick

tybrownintn
March 24th, 2011, 11:29 PM
Probably an easy question but I have installed Elegant Gnome which I really, really like. I install, reboot or logout and the changes are there, including the icons and Firefox. But when I reboot again, most of the changes go away. The icon set reverts back and the Firefox skin as well.

What do I need to do so that I don't have to reinstall "elegant gnome" over and over again?

Krytarik
March 24th, 2011, 11:45 PM
May it be related to this one?:
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1575703

Copper Bezel
March 25th, 2011, 12:37 AM
Hmm. If that were the case, then just opening Appearance Preferences would fix it; he wouldn't have to (or have time to) reselect the theme.

It's one of these odd ones like Orta that installs from a PPA and configures a bunch of other stuff in addition to the basic GTK theme, but the skin is just GTK+Metacity, so it doesn't need anything special running to work (E.g. Emerald.) I'm baffled.

Krytarik
March 25th, 2011, 12:46 AM
Hmm. If that were the case, then just opening Appearance Preferences would fix it; he wouldn't have to (or have time to) reselect the theme.The OP didn't say that he/she has tried that.

It's one of these odd ones like Orta that installs from a PPA and configures a bunch of other stuff in addition to the basic GTK theme, but the skin is just GTK+Metacity, so it doesn't need anything special running to work (E.g. Emerald.) I'm baffled.
Yeah, I also have it installed. But I didn't run its installer scripts (this time). I just put its various parts together into a custom theme. And I indeed also wouldn't expect, that it gets unset after the second (!) boot.

el_koraco
March 25th, 2011, 12:50 AM
go to any theme and choose customize. see if you can find all the elements of the gnome elegant pack and put them back together.

tybrownintn
March 25th, 2011, 04:55 AM
Well, I have logged out and also rebooted a few times now and the problem is not recurring. It has happened at least three times before but so far it is holding. I will keep trying over the next few days.