PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Better multi screen support

mortuk
March 24th, 2011, 05:34 PM
Ok so 2 screen is pretty painless. But when I try to use 3 screens or more theres some wierd issues with Xinerama / Twinview

After a bunch of messing about I managed to get things working, however every now and again when I move inbetween screens, my mouse pointer gets stuck and starts glitching about, and only way out is to restart x and lose everything I have on screen

Pretty sure more than 2 screens isnt that rare these days, and although the nvidia x server config is ok, it could do with a lot of work.

Seems to me the last few Ubuntu releases haven't really moved things on that much, and I think something like this would be a worthy new feature ootb

MSBF
July 4th, 2011, 05:33 AM
Ok so 2 screen is pretty painless. But when I try to use 3 screens or more theres some wierd issues with Xinerama / Twinview

After a bunch of messing about I managed to get things working, however every now and again when I move inbetween screens, my mouse pointer gets stuck and starts glitching about, and only way out is to restart x and lose everything I have on screen

Pretty sure more than 2 screens isnt that rare these days, and although the nvidia x server config is ok, it could do with a lot of work.

Seems to me the last few Ubuntu releases haven't really moved things on that much, and I think something like this would be a worthy new feature ootb

Did you work out how to do this? I'm interested in setting it up