PDA

View Full Version : Re: Linus Torvalds' behavior towards Richard Stallman

Eiji Takanaka
March 21st, 2011, 02:52 AM
O.k so your very words or the words of this so called code of conduct are something along the lines of 'religion and politics are banned from this forum'.

O.k so the church of scientology, worship science.

This means that any scientific debate should also be banned from these forums.

Which might i add are usually the cause of more heated discussion than any passing references to 'religion' or faith.

Stop being so fascist with the rules and use a bit of common sense please.

Thankyou.

KiwiNZ
March 21st, 2011, 03:02 AM
From the Code of Conduct

"Politics and Religion: These two topics have caused serious problems in the past and are now forbidden topics in the forums. Please find another venue to exercise your freedom of speech on these topics."

"Finally, you agree that forum staff have the right to remove, edit, move or close any post, topic or thread at any time they see fit following the guidelines outlined below. You agree that the staff of this forum have the right to send a private message with a warning and/or censor any forum user who is in violation of forum policy."

From your post which was Jailed

"ust been reading about this rms fella, he seems like a dude, basically wasn't the whole gnu thing kicking about way before linus even entered the scene? And also to be fair naming an o/s after yourself is kinda ego isn't it.

Anyways if this rms dude is doing what hes doing because its his passion, then i say fair doos man, keep on rocking in the free world!

Its like a story in the bible where the one dude gives out of his wealth, all trumpets blaring, t.v cameras whirring as he puts the big sack of gold into the hands of those that be, but also at the same time a little old lady quietly deposits the last of what she has.

Jesus if he was about would blatantly favour the little old lady. Not that i can speak for Jesus of course, or God but i think thats probably what he'd be thinking.

Maybe not though maybe he'd actually be thinking....man i really want a cheeseburger right now, with relish and whilst chowing down on the savoury goodness, accidentally totally miss the entire gnu/linux thing.

End."

KiwiNZ
March 21st, 2011, 03:05 AM
You agreed to the Code of Conduct when you joined these Forums. The post that was jailed by one of the Moderating staff was jailed for good reason as it was in breach of the Code due to religious content.

Making statements about staff being Fascist is neither appreciated nor tolerated.

bodhi.zazen
March 21st, 2011, 05:13 PM
Making statements about staff being Fascist is neither appreciated nor tolerated.

I agree. These are moderated forums and if you do not agree to such moderation I would be happy to close your account.

If you disagree with an action of the staff, please bring the incident to our attention and we will attempt to remedy the situation.

There is no need to come to the resolution center with guns blazing and starting your post by insulting the staff does not help your cause.