PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Biostar a77oe3 Motherboard driver issues

Crxss
March 14th, 2011, 09:34 AM
I'm using this mobo in my rig running ubuntu 10.10. I saw it as compatible hardware in the sticky, but despite that there's no sound at all. I tried running the driver install on WINE but it told me there was no card supported. I really need some help.

Crxss
March 14th, 2011, 02:06 PM
I juat went through 2 hours of troubleshooting using that comprehensive sound guide on the forums, and with no luck at all. Anyone have an idea of what's wrong? I feel like I've tried everything at this point.

Yellow Pasque
March 14th, 2011, 07:19 PM
See if latest alsa helps: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1681577
If not, use the alsa-info script in that link to post your info.

Oh, and installing windows drivers through wine won't work. Sorry, but I LOL'd at that one.

Crxss
March 14th, 2011, 11:21 PM
I don't know what I'm supposed to do with those scripts, I'm not linux savvy. I set them to be allowed to be used as executable programs, but they just open the terminal and crash.

yes I know windows drivers don't work on linux, but maybe that was the day they magically could've worked lol.

Crxss
March 15th, 2011, 12:59 AM
I used lspci -v to get my audio info if it helps:

Audio device: ATI Technologies Inc SBx00 Azalia (Intel HDA)
Subsystem: Biostar Microtech Int'l Corp Device 821f
Flags: bus master, slow devsel, latency 64, IRQ 16
Memory at f9ff4000 (64-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=16K]
Capabilities: <access denied>
Kernel driver in use: HDA Intel
Kernel modules: snd-hda-intel

Crxss
March 16th, 2011, 04:17 AM
I'm using this page now:
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/HdaIntelSoundHowto

I couldn't figure out what model I have since my computer is built from scratch and isn't a laptop. I have the ALC662 codec which seems to only be used in laptops. I just set model to auto, then restarted alsa, and I got this error a few times before I heard the loud bang noise coming from my speakers as it always does when I turn my pc on or off now; meaning sound still doesn't work..

lsof: WARNING: can't stat() fuse.gvfs-fuse-daemon file system /home/asa/.gvfs
Output information may be incomplete.
Terminating processes: 1441

Crxss
March 16th, 2011, 09:07 AM
sorry for bumping, but I really need some help here..

Yellow Pasque
March 16th, 2011, 10:47 AM
I don't know what I'm supposed to do with those scripts, I'm not linux savvy. I set them to be allowed to be used as executable programs, but they just open the terminal and crash.

Can't really tell you why it's crashing without a log. Even if you don't want to upgrade alsa, at least run the alsa-info script from that thread and post the link to its output. Until then, it's like groping around in the dark (and even with full info, it's sometimes not clear what's wrong).

Oh, and please don't bump more than once a day (that's the staff's rule for this site).

Crxss
March 16th, 2011, 10:46 PM
Can't really tell you why it's crashing without a log. Even if you don't want to upgrade alsa, at least run the alsa-info script from that thread and post the link to its output. Until then, it's like groping around in the dark (and even with full info, it's sometimes not clear what's wrong).

Oh, and please don't bump more than once a day (that's the staff's rule for this site).

It uploaded my info to the alsa site but I don't know where I'm supposed to find my log there. Also, I would upgrade alsa if I knew how to run the upgrade script :/ I'm very new to linux. I set it's permission to run as an executable but all it does is close right after opening.

Crxss
March 17th, 2011, 07:19 PM
figured out how tun run the alsa-info script, here's my link:

http://www.alsa-project.org/db/?f=fbadc06b34a2670965d56925cfb507da6453c57d

Crxss
March 18th, 2011, 10:23 PM
anyone think they know what's wrong? I hate having to keep bumping this thread.

Crxss
March 28th, 2011, 09:56 PM
Been a week and still haven't been able to get sound. Any input?