PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Ubuntu is hanging in my laptop,which has chnged mother board

ajay.eeralla
March 12th, 2011, 08:07 AM
Iam using dell laptop, my processor is core 2 duo, suddenly motherboard problem came,
i.e.. it was not displaying any thing,
dell people replaced with new mother board, later, when i installed ubuntu it is hanging.
ie, if we are trying to open any folder or something it is strucking up..
What could be the problem...

Daveth
March 12th, 2011, 12:38 PM
I assume that Ubuntu, as Windows and Macs, dislike a change of such fundamental hardware as a motherboard swap. Even if the motherboard is the "same", different motherboard versions often have different chipsets etc, so are not the "same".
I suggest a re-install is needed to get it working properly.

ajay.eeralla
March 13th, 2011, 06:31 AM
we installed twice, even though iam getting same problem, should i reinstall one more time or is there any other solution?

grahammechanical
March 13th, 2011, 12:22 PM
You say

if we are trying to open any folder or something it is strucking up..Does this mean that you are booting into a desktop? If you can install the operating system and if it loads into a desktop, then I do not think the problem is related to the new motherboard.

What do you mean by

strucking upPlease describe what is happening. What do you see and what do you not see?

Regards.

P.S. Remember, you still have the same hard disc that had the operating system on it. When you reinstalled did you format? Did you install into the same partitions?

ajay.eeralla
March 15th, 2011, 07:26 AM
Thanx alot, i installed mandriva , it is working fine now...

mastablasta
March 15th, 2011, 08:16 AM
as Windows .
in windows you would need to uninstall motherboard drivers (if any) and then just replace the mobo. Unless you have special OEM version there shouldnt' be a problme. in Linux drivers are part of kernel so again this shouldn't be a problem.

Thanx alot, i installed mandriva , it is working fine now...

nice solution.....:D