PDA

View Full Version : What's wrong with the ubuntuce website??

tumelo
March 9th, 2011, 09:55 PM
Is anybody able to find it or get on it? I can't.:(

hoobuntu
March 10th, 2011, 07:38 AM
Good question. Getting an error message saying the domain has expired or some such. Are there any mirrors available for downloading the packages? Just installed Ubuntu 10.04 on my laptop and was planning to upgrade to CE.

PS: Hello all, this is my first post.

tumelo
March 10th, 2011, 03:20 PM
Maybe the haters got there way . Hopefully not. I was planning on doing a fresh install of ubuntu ce.

tumelo
March 11th, 2011, 06:48 PM
I've found some other places you can get ubuntuCE since the website is down.

You can download the various versions here: http://distrowatch.com/index.php?distribution=ubuntuce

You can also buy a live cd or a USB flash drive of it here:
http://www.osdisc.com/cgi-bin/view.cgi/products/linux/ubuntuce

wilee-nilee
March 11th, 2011, 06:55 PM
Maybe the haters got there way . Hopefully not. I was planning on doing a fresh install of ubuntu ce.

What a strange comment, could it be this attitude that is not appreciated.:)

tumelo
March 11th, 2011, 08:37 PM
wilee-nilee, I'm not sure what "attitude" you speak of, but since I have found out about ubuntuCE I have seen some rather unpleasant comments about it. There has been opposition to it for reasons I can't understand. After reading a bunch of hate and then seeing the website down I was just wondering if they were correlated at all.

wilee-nilee
March 11th, 2011, 09:38 PM
wilee-nilee, I'm not sure what "attitude" you speak of, but since I have found out about ubuntuCE I have seen some rather unpleasant comments about it. There has been opposition to it for reasons I can't understand. After reading a bunch of hate and then seeing the website down I was just wondering if they were correlated at all.

Making a comment on hatred without anything but your opinion is counter productive in so many ways. To top this you are using a distro that is attached to a belief system which we are not allowed to discuss otherwise.

tumelo
March 11th, 2011, 10:23 PM
Making a comment on hatred without anything but your opinion is counter productive in so many ways. To top this you are using a distro that is attached to a belief system which we are not allowed to discuss otherwise.

Wilee I have no idea where your going here. I think you may have misread my original comment or just took it the wrong way. No comments on this thread were "counter productive" until you posted yours and now we are in a very counter productive discussion. All I know is that the website is unavailable and that there was opposition to this distro. All I did was put the two together. I don't understand the problem here:confused:.

s.fox
March 14th, 2011, 12:15 PM
No comments on this thread were "counter productive" until you posted yours

This is the comment made by yourself:

Maybe the haters got there way.

I am going to request that this thread get back on topic, or I will close this thread.

I have checked the website, it is still unavailable. Google is reporting this:

The web hosting account that hosts this website has expired!

mhancoc7
March 15th, 2011, 02:23 AM
Sorry, the site was down due to a server move that went bad. The site is now back up. I have been in the background of the project for a long time now. I have been trying to contact David Kuntadi (http://ubuntuforums.org/member.php?u=187249) who has been the development lead on the project, but have not been able to get in touch with him.

However, the site is back and hopefully we will be able to get a new version out soon.

Thanks, Jereme

tumelo
March 15th, 2011, 07:07 PM
yes s.fox, I said "maybe the haters got there way" It was on subject. I was commenting on the website being down. that other guy commented on my comment and never mentioned the website or why it would be down. It was the first off-subject comment that led us here.
Close the thread now if you want. The website's back up so there's no use for this thread anymore anyways.

bodhi.zazen
March 15th, 2011, 07:17 PM
Close the thread now if you want. The website's back up so there's no use for this thread anymore anyways.

Thread closed at OP request.