PDA

View Full Version : [other] How can I make audio mono?

prahs rozar
March 7th, 2011, 11:32 PM
How can I make my speakers output in mono? My right speaker barely works anymore and I'd like to just hear everything from the other. I'm using Linux Mint 10. I've waited for a day with no response on the Linux Mint forums so I figured maybe someone here would know what to do. I was a bit worried it had to do with whether it uses PulseAudio which IIRC is different on Ubuntu.

fpgdu
March 7th, 2011, 11:38 PM
How can I make my speakers output in mono? My right speaker barely works anymore and I'd like to just hear everything from the other. I'm using Linux Mint 10. I've waited for a day with no response on the Linux Mint forums so I figured maybe someone here would know what to do. I was a bit worried it had to do with whether it uses PulseAudio which IIRC is different on Ubuntu.

Is it feasible to set whatever player you're using to mono? This can be done on most media players in Ubuntu.

prahs rozar
March 7th, 2011, 11:46 PM
I'd need to get it to work with Banshee, Totem, VLC Player, Audacity, LMMS, PiTiVi, and Flash. So far from checking Flash it doesn't seem to be an available option.