PDA

View Full Version : [all variants] tvtime, 1080p and other doubts! please help

kbzona
March 6th, 2011, 06:53 PM
There are minor things in linux that prevent me to change Windows.

1) A good tvtuner app... the best i found is tvtime but still zapping is sloow and resolutions aren't that flexible ( specially in fullscreen)...

In windows i have PotPlayer, ChrisTV, etc.. that allow me to have custom resolutions (in fullscreen) and changing channels and zapping is a blasT!!!

Is there a way to configure tvtime to do custom fullscreen resolutions?? ( not by applyng MATTE 'cause it eats portions of image)

Any other alternative?? that can do fast channel change???

2) Middle-Click Autoscroll in Dolphin, Kate, etc... is there a way to do this???

3) My computer is not enough modern to do 1080p videos in youtube with flash, but in windows there is Divx HiQ Web Player that replaces flash player in browsers and it allows a perfect reproduction of 1080p videos

Is there a way to do this in ubuntu???

..For now im sticking with windows just for this minor things, but i cant wait the the that this minor things will be solved so i can completely forget Windows as a main OS

Thnx in advance...:popcorn:

johntaylor1887
March 6th, 2011, 07:40 PM
Changing settings in tvtime is done through the config file. See this (http://tvtime.sourceforge.net/usage.html). Don't know about the other things.

kbzona
March 7th, 2011, 02:52 PM
Mmm... didnt worked...

I was trying to use Kdetv but couldnt get it to work with my card :( (saa7134 chipset)