PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Choppy video, stutter: all media players, multiple video formats

GreatestGravity
March 3rd, 2011, 06:29 AM
Hey guys,

So I've searched the forums and tried to implement a few of the fixes that were suggested, but nothing helped, so I'm hoping someone can help me diagnose the problem.

Recently, the video became very choppy. Depending on the media player, this manifests itself differently - in VLC the sound seems to shut off, in the default media player the video itself freezes. But it's unwatchable in any of them. I've had to reboot into windows to watch video.

I've turned Compiz off (system->preferences->appearance->visual effects->none). Hasn't helped.

I know there's many different things that could cause this, I've run across them searching the forums, even tried a few sort of haphazardly... does anyone know of how to diagnose the problem?

thanks for your help!

-GG

GreatestGravity
May 10th, 2011, 07:38 AM
I hoped the problem would go away with the new release and the update. Nope, it's still here. Playing videos doesn't work right - sound and video get de-synched, video stops or stutters.

Can someone help?