PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Can somebody tell me how to get this theme?

victorhugo289
March 2nd, 2011, 08:28 AM
Hi, I've recently been getting this theme from time to time maybe because of a bad update on my Ubuntu 10.10, I enter Ubuntu and the theme is totally changed and I have to reboot so it goes back to the Ambience theme, but I think I like it and I wanna know what theme this is and how I can get it?

Silly me I forgot to take a screenshot during the problem, so I found this one while googling "Gnome wiki":

[My experience in Ubuntu goes as far back as 10.04 so I don't know much about the old Ubuntu themes]

slooksterpsv
March 2nd, 2011, 08:48 AM
Theme looks like Clearlooks, go to System -> Preferences -> Appearance -> Theme tab then click on Clearlooks. The background, try to find a similar one somewhere.
The icons... I'm not sure... I almost want to say it's the classic gnome icons.

mcduck
March 2nd, 2011, 08:55 AM
Yep, that's as default Gnome desktop as you can have, Clearlooks GTK & Metacity themes and Gnome icons.

houseworkshy
March 2nd, 2011, 09:43 AM
I just spent so long browsing I got signed out, this post would have been the first reply and is outdated and wrong but I'll post it anyway just cos I spent so long browsing.

It does look a lot like another gui altogether. There are rather a lot of them, around a couple of dozen. A few are mentioned here;-

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Desktop_environment

There's a site which lists all the known ones with screen shots, just spent a few minets failing to find it on google. If you search for terms like GUI, "windows managers" "graphic user interphase" list, reviewed, etc you may have more luck.
I haven't seen it recently but it does look minty.

lidex
March 2nd, 2011, 07:49 PM
Open synaptic and enter "theme" - minus quotes - in the quick filter box. Enjoy.

Frogs Hair
March 2nd, 2011, 08:11 PM
Clearlooks :http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clearlooks

mcduck
March 2nd, 2011, 08:15 PM
Open synaptic and enter "theme" - minus quotes - in the quick filter box. Enjoy.

Actually I'm quite sure both Clearlooks and Gnome Icon theme are installed by default.

The wallpaper sure isn't, but there might very well be a package of Gnome wallpapers in the repositories. Worth a search, at least.

Apart from themes the only difference to default Ubuntu setup would be the Ubuntu's use of Indicator applets in the top panel. And of course the different distribution logo, Ubuntu uses it's own logo even with the Gnome icon theme.

victorhugo289
March 4th, 2011, 02:57 AM
Clearlooks indeed. Thank you very much guys.
An yeah, I picked it in 'System>Appearance', I like the "embossed icons"(?) or carved icons, I don't know the exact term, but it's nice.