PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] How do I re-add the Network Manager icon to my dock?

B34ST1Y
March 1st, 2011, 06:17 PM
I removed the top bar from my default Ubuntu 10.10 install & I want to add the network manager to my dock...I can't seem to find it anywhere when I click add to panel...help!

amjjawad
March 1st, 2011, 06:21 PM
I removed the top bar from my default Ubuntu 10.10 install & I want to add the network manager to my dock...I can't seem to find it anywhere when I click add to panel...help!

Add it again to the top panel or Cairo Dock? your question is not clear.

B34ST1Y
March 1st, 2011, 06:25 PM
I am unsure how to add the "wireless manager" widget that is there by default, to my bottom (and only) panel bar. I can't seem to find it in the "Add to Panel" list of things you can add.

amjjawad
March 1st, 2011, 06:30 PM
I am unsure how to add the "wireless manager" widget that is there by default, to my bottom (and only) panel bar. I can't seem to find it in the "Add to Panel" list of things you can add.

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=612165

Hope this will help.
If not, search on Google.

B34ST1Y
March 1st, 2011, 06:32 PM
Ahh...I was looking for "Notification Area" ...as soon as I added that, my wireless manager came back. Thank you!

[SOLVED]

amjjawad
March 1st, 2011, 06:33 PM
Ahh...I was looking for "Notification Area" ...as soon as I added that, my wireless manager came back. Thank you!

[SOLVED]

Congratulation and you're most welcome ;)

vivek.pandey
March 1st, 2011, 06:34 PM
if you are talking about dock... open any application you want to add say network manager...you will get an icon of that app in dock right click and then add
if you are talking about panel right click add to panel notification area.. i guess this is what you want..hope it may help

vivek.pandey
March 1st, 2011, 06:37 PM
oops by the time my thread got posted you got your reply anyways congrats