PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] How to send video stream from desktop (screencast) through the network?

4_o
March 1st, 2011, 08:43 AM
In fact the question should sound as "Is there any way to send the video stream ...?"

There's an aim to connect a remote console to PC. I do know that there are "KVM extenders", but unfortunately they cost as much as an average PC.

The alternative might be to use a mediaplayer. PC is connected through TCP/IP to the mediaplayer, which is plugged in to LCD. Some of the m-players support TCP/IP and a range of video stream formats.

I've found out that there is a number of programms that are able to record that v-stream to the file. Is there any way to utilize them?

So once again.

Is there any way to send video stream (the one that goes to the monitor) through the network to an mediaplayer in order to be visualized on a remote LCD?

I would greatly appreciate any comments or pieces of advice as well as links to corresponding materials (video stream formats, principles of broadcasting video/audio through the net and any info on video/audio in ubuntu/linux).