PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Google Chrome and flash.

Nutbun
February 26th, 2011, 08:05 AM
I see that the new stable Google Chrome does not come with adobe flash.
Can anyone please give me details of how I update or install flash onto my Chrome browser?

Artificial Intelligence
February 26th, 2011, 08:15 AM
Doesn't it work installing flash through Ubuntu Software Center?

vivek.pandey
February 26th, 2011, 08:18 AM
here is a simple way and interesting too!!
go to any online flash game website through google chrome and offer to play . they will automatically ask you that they need to install flash on your browser allow them and you got what you wanted :-)

and ofcourse software center is there always for help

Dutch70
February 26th, 2011, 08:20 AM
here is a simple way and interesting too!!
go to any online flash game website through google chrome and offer to play . they will automatically ask you that they need to install flash on your browser allow them and you got what you wanted :-)

You could also just use youtube, but I don't think you can install it like that anymore.

Go to software center as Artificial Intelligence suggested. Type in "restricted" then select & install "Ubuntu restricted extras"

Nutbun
February 26th, 2011, 09:29 AM
This is most strange. I was repeatedly getting the message "flash plug-in required" Now I try these on-line flash games and they all work perfectly.
Could it be that my Chrome has secretly updated itself?

vivek.pandey
February 26th, 2011, 09:32 AM
it might be that adobe flash crashed while that browsing session when you restarted it worked fine

Nutbun
February 26th, 2011, 09:39 AM
it might be that adobe flash crashed while that browsing session when you restarted it worked fine

Quite possibly, but I was getting the message often and over many sessions. Anyway as long as it keeps working now, I am happy.:)

Thank you.

Artificial Intelligence
February 26th, 2011, 09:50 AM
It might be because you're using an "enter-website-download-flash" flash issue.
I'm using the latest stable Chrome + Flash from Ubuntu Software Center. I had only one crash with flash in 4 month.

Nutbun
February 26th, 2011, 01:10 PM
It might be because you're using an "enter-website-download-flash" flash issue.
I'm using the latest stable Chrome + Flash from Ubuntu Software Center. I had only one crash with flash in 4 month.

Come to think of it, I think I tried this yesterday in my attempts to get flash to work. As I remember there was NO option to install only to use it. I did press the button but didn't see any changes, maybe I should have restarted my computer. :confused: