PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Ok, sooo What are backends?

SebSmith
February 26th, 2011, 05:20 AM
So im obviously a noob. ive been freaking out trying to make my sound card work on my HP Envy 14. when i first installed 10.04 LTS on my system, everything with my sound seemed to work. im not sure what i did, but it doesnt anymore. so i went through looking for anything with alsa in it through synaptic and i ending up installing what look to be backend kernels as they show up in my grub loader.

ive since removed those packages but it still loads up weirdly into the blue icon, and this weird logon screen and all my text in my taskbar and things is smaller. how do i go back to what i had?? i just want my sound card and boot-in visual to work like they are supposed to

thanks in advance!

uRock
February 26th, 2011, 05:29 AM
I think you are talking about backports, not backends.

The weird blue icons has me thinking you installed the Ubuntu Studio packages. You can right-click the desktop, then select to Change Desktop Background, then select your theme of choice.

We will need more information to figure out what is wrong with your sound card. What were you doing when the sound card stopped working and what have you installed while trying to get it working again?

SebSmith
February 26th, 2011, 05:34 AM
I think you are talking about backports, not backends.

The weird blue icons has me thinking you installed the Ubuntu Studio packages. You can right-click the desktop, then select to Change Desktop Background, then select your theme of choice.

We will need more information to figure out what is wrong with your sound card. What were you doing when the sound card stopped working and what have you installed while trying to get it working again?

honestly i have no clue. is there something i can send you?

Your ALSA information is located at http://www.alsa-project.org/db/?f=cf...9d8ed90f7b9d0f (http://www.alsa-project.org/db/?f=cf5ee9a0cca73a4bc4869e3bcb9d8ed90f7b9d0f)