PDA

View Full Version : [lubuntu] slow browsing with firefox.

2blue
February 25th, 2011, 02:06 PM
I am having issues with very slow lbrowsing. I installed lubuntu 10.10 on my laptop that runs noticeably lighter than Maverick. I seem to have the right drivers for my hardware, but I'm never shore really. The ATI RC410 Radeon xpress 200M video card have been lots of work.

However I notice that the Ubuntu version of Firefox google browsing (the main google search function on the screen) is much slower than the small google search bar in the upper right corner. Is this weird? I also notice when a page will not load, I can bookmark it and from the toolbar ikon, the page most often loads right a way.

Is there some kind of mozilla plugin I need to install, or driver issue? I know there are optimised versions of browsers but I have no idea how they work. I have googled hours, but not found any solution.

Any ideas on how to go about this? I hope there is a solution to the slow browsing.

Regards

seawolf167
February 25th, 2011, 02:45 PM
You can try clearing the cache, cookies, etc. by going to Tools -> Clear Recent History, then select Everything for the time range.

Alternatively, you could also try a different browser like Google Chrome

sudo apt-get install chromium-browser

or a lightweight browser like

sudo apt-get install midori

but I suspect that clearing the stored data in Firefox will help

rburkartjo
February 25th, 2011, 04:55 PM
i have set my firefox to delete the cache everything i close. that gets rid of the junk and dont have to think twice about it