PDA

View Full Version : Party Poker

bunnieofdoom
May 2nd, 2006, 11:38 PM
not sure if anyone else play party poker or what but i got it to run under wine and im looking for a game :)

bunnieofdoom
May 2nd, 2006, 11:45 PM
play money of course ;)

Astinsan
May 10th, 2006, 06:23 PM
Wonder if pokerstars would work. Think I still have 1mill playmoney there.... hehe

transgress
May 12th, 2006, 07:45 AM
it seems most of those clients work if you have IE installed in your wine directory. I have titan and pacific working.

Master Shake
May 12th, 2006, 10:23 PM
How does one go about setting up an online poker client in wine?

mbaker514
June 4th, 2006, 05:06 PM
Hi
Try http://www.pokerlistings.com/mac-poker-rooms

You can play with your browser and don't have to run wine. It list several sites that require no download and also lists linux compatible sites.

Drakkor
July 9th, 2006, 06:53 PM
Pitbull Poker and Pokerroom work if you have flash and java installed ! :p
No wine necessary,lol

trivialpackets
July 24th, 2006, 08:50 PM
Also, PokerStars works fine with Wine.

kc8hr
August 20th, 2006, 06:18 PM
Pitbull Poker and Pokerroom work if you have flash and java installed ! :p
No wine necessary,lol

Hi,

Yes, there are a number of sites that have Java and Flash poker games. I have played them for about a year now. There are a few problems that Linux users will run into, though.

The Java poker client used by most sites works fine for awhile, but tends to 'bog down' after an hour or so of play, especially in tournaments. The graphics will slow down, then the browser--I use Firefox--will lock up. The only solution then is to kill the browser process and restart. I [think] the issue is the Java 1.5 plugin.

Several sites, notably BravoTV, uses Flash, but they recently upgraded to Flash 8, which does not have a version for Linux.

http://www.digg.com/linux_unix/_Flash_Player_8_for_Linux_*news_from_macromedia_ad obe* has a story on a possible new Linux-compatible version.

Good Luck!
Tim

Geekboy
August 21st, 2006, 03:37 AM
not sure if anyone else play party poker or what but i got it to run under wine and im looking for a game :)

I would definitly be interested in a game. How did you get it installed?

kc8hr
August 21st, 2006, 02:48 PM
No problem!

Just download the installer, open a terminal window and type:

wine <name of installer><enter>

The program will install under ~/.wine/drive_c/Program Files/Party*, and you will even have an entry for it under "Wine" in your start menu.

I didn't care for the Party Poker interface, so I uninstalled it. I like Doyle's Room and PokerStars.

GL!
Tim

PrairieShaman
December 15th, 2006, 04:49 PM
No problem!

Just download the installer, open a terminal window and type:

wine <name of installer><enter>

The program will install under ~/.wine/drive_c/Program Files/Party*, and you will even have an entry for it under "Wine" in your start menu.

I didn't care for the Party Poker interface, so I uninstalled it. I like Doyle's Room and PokerStars.

GL!
Tim

Yes, it really is this simple!! Thanks!! 8) Now I can play poker online again!!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

morpheus01
December 19th, 2007, 01:39 AM
as in

wine PartyPoker.exe

from which directory? Do you need Java? I tried from home after using add/install to add Wine and Java web but have had no luck

kc8hr
December 19th, 2007, 05:42 PM
as in

from which directory? Do you need Java? I tried from home after using add/install to add Wine and Java web but have had no luck

Hi morpheus,

My version of pokerstars.exe is installed in $HOME/.wine/drive_c/Program Files/PokerStars/pokerstars.exe, so that is the directory to start from. The program works pretty well, including sound and animation.

Good Luck--and don't raise with 7-2 off-suit!

Tim
:lolflag:

morpheus01
May 20th, 2008, 03:24 PM
Cheers Tim, I only raise with an 8-3 off suit minumum!! Have been using PartyPoker java lately but it doesn't seem to work great. Using wine for PaddyPower poker, and it's kick ***. Can't

solarscarab
April 6th, 2009, 10:40 PM
I'd destroy you !! ;)

If partypoker works.. I can play some play money with peeps.. sure... NL , max blinds tables... solarscarab.

C ya around.

PS... doing wine partypokersetup.exe in intrepid.. gives me the window to install but when wanting to download the installation it opens IE windows which are blank obviously.. and thats that.

WHAT DO I DO???? :/

kc8hr
April 6th, 2009, 10:44 PM
I'd destroy you !! ;)

If partypoker works.. I can play some play money with peeps.. sure... NL , max blinds tables... solarscarab.

C ya around.

Wish I could play there--they won't let Yanks play!

Frank thompson
April 22nd, 2009, 06:37 PM
I got ultimate bet to work after installing wine but it kicks me off after a few hands and freezes the site onto my comp and i have to restart my comp
and it shuts down my internet untill i shut down my comp,,,any ideas??

kc8hr
April 22nd, 2009, 11:47 PM
I got ultimate bet to work after installing wine but it kicks me off after a few hands and freezes the site onto my comp and i have to restart my comp
and it shuts down my internet untill i shut down my comp,,,any ideas??

Sorry, Frank, I have got it working, but I cannot login. I contacted the site, but the link they sent me didn't work.

:(

Later--
Tim