PDA

View Full Version : Sony Vaio Y series Netbook

Ronw44
February 25th, 2011, 10:10 AM
I have a Sony Vaio Netbook which has the AMD 350 1.6 dual core processor 32 bit. I installed ubuntu 10.10 netbook edition and it seems to install but on the desktop right bottom is a sign saying AMD unsupported Hardware.
It also seems to have problems installing the restricted drivers. Does anyone know if Ubuntu 10.10 is OK on AMD hardware? If not should I be using another version

smgserver
March 14th, 2011, 04:35 PM
I have device with the same processor (Sony VAIO Y : AMD e350 1.6 Duel)
the same notification appear after the installation of the VGA driver using "Additional Hardware"

* I solve the problem by uninstalling the current driver than download the latest official driver from www.amd.com, it's work fine for me right now

* but the touchpad is not working with ubuntu 10.10 untill now :confused: any idea ?

madhuchary80
July 15th, 2011, 11:08 AM
I have device with the same processor (Sony VAIO Y : AMD e350 1.6 Duel)
the same notification appear after the installation of the VGA driver using "Additional Hardware"

* I solve the problem by uninstalling the current driver than download the latest official driver from www.amd.com, it's work fine for me right now

* but the touchpad is not working with ubuntu 10.10 untill now :confused: any idea ?

even I had the same problem, following the link solved my issue
http://ranjith.zfs.in/sony-vaio-touch-pad-in-linux-fedora-and-ubuntu/