PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Can't install from universe source?

llmunro
February 25th, 2011, 02:42 AM
Hi,

I have installed UNR on my EEE1000H today and all is working fine, except that I'm having trouble installing certain applications. I've now tried installing Keepassx through Synaptic, the software center, and the terminal and can't seem to get it to work.

In the Software Center, it says that KeepassX is available from the "universe" source, but when I try to install it, I get a message about "Failed to Download Repository Information. Check your internet connection." The internet connection is fine. I also have looked in Synaptic and made sure that "universe" is checked under "Repositories."

What now?

Thanks much.
Lisa

oldos2er
February 25th, 2011, 03:46 AM
Run
sudo apt-get update or in Synaptic, click the 'Reload' button.

llmunro
February 25th, 2011, 05:33 AM
Hi,

I tried sudo apt-get update and all seemed fine until:

W: Failed to fetch http://us.archive/ubuntu/com/ubuntu/dists/maverick/universe/binary-i386/Packages.gz Hash Sum misma tch

E: Some index files failed to download, they have been ignored, or old ones used.

I'm guessing this is the reason. Ideas?

Thanks.
Lisa

oldos2er
February 25th, 2011, 06:51 PM
Not sure about the hash sum mismatch error. You could try using different servers; in a terminal run gksu software-properties-gtk, click the Download from: drop-down menu and choose one that's different from the one you're using now. Afterward you will need to run sudo apt-get update again. Not sure this will cure your problem though.