PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Sleep Equals Coma

Rasputin69
February 24th, 2011, 03:54 AM
I have installed Meerkat on a HP.

When the computer is put in sleep mode it does not recognize input from either the mouse or the key board and I have to do a cold boot.

Any suggestions will be appreciated

Frogs Hair
February 24th, 2011, 04:13 AM
My computer does not respond that way either . What I do is press the power button slightly not to the point of restart , but just a light touch and it wakes up. The mouse or keyboard work fine with Win 7 but neither has worked for waking the computer from sleep on 3 different versions of Ubuntu.

NightwishFan
February 24th, 2011, 04:14 AM
Some machines do not properly support suspend/hibernate. I know using the Nvidia drivers used to cause issues in that area.

Rasputin69
February 24th, 2011, 04:18 AM
Some machines do not properly support suspend/hibernate. I know using the Nvidia drivers used to cause issues in that area.

Sleep functions normally in Windows mode.

I have a dual boot so when I work in Windows it works fine.
When I am in Ubuntu it does not.

Hopefully there is a work around.

Rasputin69
February 24th, 2011, 04:39 AM
My computer does not respond that way either . What I do is press the power button slightly not to the point of restart , but just a light touch and it wakes up. The mouse or keyboard work fine with Win 7 but neither has worked for waking the computer from sleep on 3 different versions of Ubuntu.

Thanks.

I will try that.

Frogs Hair
February 24th, 2011, 04:42 AM
Sleep functions normally in Windows mode.

I have a dual boot so when I work in Windows it works fine.
When I am in Ubuntu it does not.

Hopefully there is a work around.

I have not looked into the possibility of a key board shortcut or hot key. Just a thought.

Rasputin69
February 24th, 2011, 06:07 AM
I have not looked into the possibility of a key board shortcut or hot key. Just a thought.

Update

I changed the key board from generic to HP Internet Keyboard.

The sleep key on the key board will now works but I still can't get the machine to wake up.