PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Main panel Menu issues for "Places" - defaults to Movie Player?

dashpot
February 17th, 2011, 03:28 AM
Hello,

I don't know how this happened, been using Ubuntu for a few years now (but I still consider myself a newbie):

Using 10.10. In the "places" drop down menu, when I click on locations such as Home, Documents, Downloads, etc, the Totem Movie Players runs, and tries to "open" the files in the respective folders --- instead of a Nautilus file manager window opening up.

How could this have happened? I looked in both Nautilus and Movie Player "Preferences", but was unable to find any customizable options that could be related.

Help!! Thanks!

drs305
February 17th, 2011, 03:34 AM
Right click on any folder (if Places doesn't display folders initially, open nautilus via a terminal).

Select "open with other application" and select "File Browser". Also ensure the "Remember this application..." tick box is enabled.

Copper Bezel
February 17th, 2011, 05:33 AM
We need a macro for this, if not a bot. It's every third question. = )

zman50
February 17th, 2011, 08:18 PM
I have the same problem.Tried #3 above and it made no difference. I am running 10.10 and as far as I know did not do anything to cause this.If I click on Computer in the Places menu,I can then navigate my file system, but not if starting in any other file category in the Places menu. WT????

zman50
February 17th, 2011, 08:43 PM
Found the real answer here
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1352582