PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Evelution wont work

Jon Anderson
February 17th, 2011, 02:57 AM
I get a message when I want to download mail it says, no message satisfies your search criteria, either clear search with search/ clear menu item or change it. Theirs nothing to change and clear button is greyed out, doesn't work. So if a solution cant be found is there another email program in Ubuntu10.10

Guilden_NL
February 17th, 2011, 04:22 AM
More info please.
Are you using POP for your inbound email, or IMAP?

Loads of email apps, but Evolution is pretty straightforward compared with Thunderbird, etc. So best to give Evolution a shot with a little troubleshooting.

This error in Evolution tends to be related to a corrupt email in your (especially POP) in-box. Can you get to your email via web interface and move it to a new folder? Then send yourself a new email via your web interface as a test and see if it still errors out using Evolution. No guarantees, but this is a simple troubleshooting step to check the most obvious problem.

If it still happens, move your emails back into your in-box and then we can try some other things. I have to go do some work, will try to remember to check back later tonight, but have subscribed to this thread, so if I fall asleep at my laptop, I will answer your post in the morning! I am currently in MST USA time.

Jon Anderson
February 17th, 2011, 08:00 AM
More info please.
Are you using POP for your inbound email, or IMAP?

Loads of email apps, but Evolution is pretty straightforward compared with Thunderbird, etc. So best to give Evolution a shot with a little troubleshooting.

This error in Evolution tends to be related to a corrupt email in your (especially POP) in-box. Can you get to your email via web interface and move it to a new folder? Then send yourself a new email via your web interface as a test and see if it still errors out using Evolution. No guarantees, but this is a simple troubleshooting step to check the most obvious problem.

If it still happens, move your emails back into your in-box and then we can try some other things. I have to go do some work, will try to remember to check back later tonight, but have subscribed to this thread, so if I fall asleep at my laptop, I will answer your post in the morning! I am currently in MST USA time. ************************************Well dumped everything and sent myself a e-mail and it worked this time. but it has worked about half the time anyway .If it gives up the ghost again Ill put it in the forum again ,,thank you much