PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Creating a shortcut to my hard drive similar to the secondary drive shortcut

brnetonboy
February 17th, 2011, 12:34 AM
Running a fresh install of Maverick here, and I notice that when a drive is mounted--like my secondary hard drive or a CD drive, a shortcut appears on the desktop.

I like this shortcut because it has an icon of a hard drive and because I can right click on it to get info about the drive, storage left, etc.

I want to make a permanent icon like that for the main local disc. However, the best I can do it to make this goofy springy looking link thing. That's not what I want!

friv_livs
February 17th, 2011, 01:10 AM
Find where that "spring thingy" svg is and the name of it, then replace the file with the image you want to use.

As long as you don't have any other launchers.

brnetonboy
February 17th, 2011, 01:19 AM
Find where that "spring thingy" svg is and the name of it, then replace the file with the image you want to use.

As long as you don't have any other launchers.

Honestly that's not a real solution. I don't want to change the icon to all shortcuts ever created to look like a hard drive. I just want a little link to my hard drive to look and act like the other little links to my other hard drives.