PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] C3 to C6 states



o770
February 16th, 2011, 07:25 AM
Hi there. How do I verify processor C6 state is used? Why do I get C3 at best on PowerTOP?

CPU is shown reaching C6 on Windows 7 so hardware is capable.
Thanks.


http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v110/anitadark/ptop2.png

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v110/anitadark/tstop8.png

o770
February 16th, 2011, 07:18 PM
Does Linux kernel use C4, 5 and 6 states? Do I get to see them in use somehow like on PowerTOP?

Am I right to assume C3 is the deepest state I'm getting on Ubuntu 10.10 because PowerTOP shows 99% of time spent on it and the other 1% below it?
May I suspect of hardware incompatibility with Linux?

sauferkel
April 9th, 2011, 09:50 PM
Nearly same problem for me, mine is able to reach C1 C2 and C4 , but not C3 , C5 or C6.
So C4 also works ;) But i don't know why the others do not.