PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] LXDE use compiz can't add desktop pager

indosupremacy
February 15th, 2011, 07:01 PM
hi , i am using 10.04 , and i have installed lxde successfully and i try to use compiz . Yes, it can work , but the only problem with it is i can't add desktop while compiz being used as window manager .
when compiz is activated , the desktop is always one , cant change to 2,3 or 4.
This problem also occure at this site (http://forum.lxde.org/viewtopic.php?t=1439&f=8) (lxde forum)
anybodu have the same problem?
has anyone has solved it?
thank you

3Miro
February 15th, 2011, 10:23 PM
Compiz works different then Openbox (the default WM of LXDE). Compiz uses one continuous desktop that is divided into several parts. Gnome-panel has a pager plugin that is hacked to work with Compiz, but even that loses some functionality.

Install Compiz-Config-Settings-Manager (CCSM) and look at the different settings for Compiz. You can adjust different workspaces as well as mouse and keyboard shortcuts to switch between them. The only issue is that the Openbox pager will probably not show correct information.

indosupremacy
February 16th, 2011, 05:38 AM
Compiz works different then Openbox (the default WM of LXDE). Compiz uses one continuous desktop that is divided into several parts. Gnome-panel has a pager plugin that is hacked to work with Compiz, but even that loses some functionality.

Install Compiz-Config-Settings-Manager (CCSM) and look at the different settings for Compiz. You can adjust different workspaces as well as mouse and keyboard shortcuts to switch between them. The only issue is that the Openbox pager will probably not show correct information.

i already have installed it , and have try to add desktop from ccsm or lxde setting manager ,but the problem still exist , anybody know the answer ?

JOHNNYG713
February 16th, 2011, 06:09 AM
This is a known "bug" in LXDE Panel, and they are working on it, you can install Cairo Dock or AWN Dock, They have Desktop switchers, Or you can change Desktops by rotating the Cube !

Bazon
October 30th, 2011, 04:00 PM
or:
in compiz config settings manager, you can set in general options the size of virtual desktops to 1 (horizontal and vertical) and set the number of desktops (last row) to e.g. 6.
then the desktop pager panel applet works in lxde/lubuntu. :-)

(on the other hand, things like cube etc. don't work..)

fordry
November 1st, 2011, 06:33 AM
I set it to horizontal size of 4, vertical 1, and number of desktops 4 and the cube works. Only issue is that the panel switcher doesn't update, still trying to figure that out, though I really only wanted compiz mainly for the window snap and window preview features. I am using lubuntu 11.10.