PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] quick movments of mouse lead to focus off game

robro
February 15th, 2011, 02:24 AM
Hello, I'm using devilspie to get the minimize/maximize/close buttons off the top of the screen when gaming to be able to give it the look and feel of fullscreen, while being able to minimize it.
but whenever i do fast mouse movements it goes off the screen somehow and gives focus to the panels (i got auto hide on), so is there anyway to make sure the mouse doesn't touch the panels when moving it fast?

thanks for your answers :)

Chrskyes
February 15th, 2011, 04:40 AM
Is this in Virtual Box? I don't know what Devilspie is, but the only thing I can think of is you having some sort of Mouse Integration feature turned on. If thats the case, disabling it will allow you to press a designated key to switch in and out of VB.

robro
February 15th, 2011, 07:38 PM
No im not using virtual box, devilspie is sort of a hacky way of adjusting the properties of a window. (eg, get the menu bar off the top of the screen on a window :))

robro
February 18th, 2011, 09:14 AM
bump

robro
February 20th, 2011, 07:44 AM
Anyone?

robro
February 24th, 2011, 08:21 AM
Well if i cant keep the game on top of everything then is there a way to kill the gnome panels and not make them comeback unless i give the command?

Edit: running kde now and i have an option to make it above everything including the panel.