PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu_studio] Installion step failed?

rom3lol
February 15th, 2011, 02:22 AM
"An installation step failed. You can try to run the failing item again from the menu, or skip it and choose something else. The failing step is: Select and Install software" Why do I get this error while doing a fresh install? Its the only Ubuntu Studio is the only Os im going to have installed on my desktop. Does it require an internet connection to install? If it does than I dont like it..

Aoude
February 15th, 2011, 03:51 AM
Have you tried burning another CD on the lowest speed?

I've read a cause where a guy went through 4 CDs before he decided to burn at 4X and then it went smoothly afterwards.

Let me know if it works, good luck.

Frogs Hair
February 15th, 2011, 03:59 AM
You will most likely need the internet to install any proprietary drivers and update your operating system. A US user may show up and better answer your question .
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/UbuntuStudio

rom3lol
February 16th, 2011, 07:45 AM
Have you tried burning another CD on the lowest speed?

I've read a cause where a guy went through 4 CDs before he decided to burn at 4X and then it went smoothly afterwards.

Let me know if it works, good luck.

I haven't tried that yet ill report back and Thank's..

rom3lol
February 16th, 2011, 07:47 AM
You will most likely need the internet to install any proprietary drivers and update your operating system. A US user may show up and better answer your question .
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/UbuntuStudio

I though that all the programs required came along with the downloaded .ISO file?
Ill check that link again. Ubuntu 10.10 installed perfectly fine on the same Desktop and Ubuntu Studio did not.

mastablasta
February 16th, 2011, 08:38 AM
I though that all the programs required came along with the downloaded .ISO file?

Not the proprietary drivers because they are not open (ubuntu policy). they have to be donwloaded separatelly. It's best to install with internet conneciton available. and a fast one at that. :-/