PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] File manager opens /home on login - separate /home partition

agreenbhm
February 11th, 2011, 03:25 PM
Like the title says (although maybe not clearly enough), I've got everything on 1 partition with the exception of /home which is on it's own partition. When I login to Kubuntu (10.10 running KDE 4.6) my /home partition opens in File Manager automatically (not my user's home folder, but the actual /home directory). I imagine it's doing this because it's detecting the drive as being mounted and thus decided to open a new window for the newly mounted drive, however, if I plug a USB stick into the machine after it's booted I don't see this happen. It's only for the /home directory.

This is kind of a PITA and I'd like to prevent this from happening, if at all possible. How can I stop this behavior?

Thanks!

agreenbhm
February 11th, 2011, 03:34 PM
It's the damndest thing, but ever since writing that OP a few minutes ago the problem has seemed to have stopped. The system has been booted a dozen times since installing two days ago and has demonstrated the original symptom ever since. However, it appears that the magic of posting on the forum has cured my problem.

wizard10000
February 11th, 2011, 05:06 PM
I can't count the number of times I've frightened a computer into acting right just by trying to fix it :D