PDA

View Full Version : UberNES lags in WINE

speedruntrainer
February 10th, 2011, 10:00 PM
Hello.

I have a problem running UberNES. I'm lagging very much when playing a game.
On Windows it runs perfectly fine.

I know that there is a NES emulator for Linux, but I play on UberNES because the records that you get for games will be automatically saved on Ubernes.com.
It's a highscore site for everyone with that emulator, your score will be automatically saved and you can upload your stats in the emulator.

So, my question is, how do I fix that horrible lag when playing it in WINE?

Thanks.

komputes
February 11th, 2011, 04:50 PM
I really like UberNES as well. With FCEUX getting worse over the last few releases (no linux port maintainer, sound subsystem changing, issues crashing in newer versions). I have had to revert back to Win to use NES - UberNES is by far the best app I've found. I would really like to see this app work properly in Ubuntu (ported, wine, or VM).

Sorry I couldn't be of help, but I'm just marking that I'm interested in this as well.

DoktorSeven
February 11th, 2011, 05:45 PM
UberNES lags for me in Windows (quad core, 4GB RAM, low-end Radeon). Says it just needs a 700MHz CPU or faster, but even with no effects or anything on, framerate skips. Other emulators run just fine, even with effects on. Runs fine under WINE though it's a little buggy (crashes a bit).

Something about UberNES is just picky, I think.

komputes
February 11th, 2011, 11:23 PM
@DoktorSeven (http://ubuntuforums.org/member.php?u=34582) - That's strange, I usually use UberNES on an intel mobile video card and it works pretty well. In the preferences I set to remove the scanlines and the curvature. I have experienced slowdown in the past, but usually changing the zoom/scale (software/hardware) gets me to a point where it runs properly.