PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] windows movie maker alternative?

owners4life5
February 9th, 2011, 01:57 PM
hello,

my dad is wanting me to make a slideshow for him. all it has to be is just a different picture every 4 or 5 seconds, with captions in-between them. i remember i could very easily do this with windows movie maker, but is there a program for ubuntu that i could use that is the same? i need to have this done by this evening, so any suggestions are appreciated.

thank you very much,
brian

spydeyrch
February 9th, 2011, 02:08 PM
Well, what kind of a slide show does it need to be? Yes Windows Movie Maker could have easily done that for you.

But if you don't mind trying it out, you could use OOo Presentation (basically like powerpoint) to create a presentation and all you would have to do is add your slides/photos, any music you wanted, any captions, and then I believe that there is a way that you can save it in a mobile format. Meaning everything you need to run the slideshow can be burned onto a disk and carried with you.

Hope that helps. :p

-Spydey :guitar:

P4man
February 9th, 2011, 02:10 PM
pitivi if his needs are as basic as you say. If he needs more features, check out kdenlive.

sydbat
February 9th, 2011, 04:34 PM
pitivi if his needs are as basic as you say. If he needs more features, check out kdenlive.I second kdenlive. Takes a little to figure out (maybe an hour - hour and a half), but then it all makes sense and away you go.