PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] invalid VPN secrets

haloflightleader
January 19th, 2011, 10:25 PM
I keep getting this error message:

The VPN connection '<insert name here>' failed because of invalid VPN secrets

I have Ubuntu 10.10 installed on a Dell Latitude D600. It's a fresh brand new install. After I installed all the updates, I proceeded to install network-manager-vpnc. Then, I imported .pcf files so that I can connect to the office VPN, but it gives me the error message above.

I have gone to ~/.gnome2/keyrings and renewed everything. Tried moving them away, and then back again. Created a new keyring. Nothing.

Can someone please help? This is so frustrating.

h

haloflightleader
January 19th, 2011, 10:35 PM
To test, I converted the .pcf into something vpnc understands. Then I called vpnc via cli and that connected just fine. I just can't connect using the Network Manager icon on the top right-hand corner.

What am I doing wrong?

haloflightleader
January 19th, 2011, 10:39 PM
To test, I converted the .pcf into something vpnc understands. Then I called vpnc via cli and that connected just fine. I just can't connect using the Network Manager icon on the top right-hand corner.

What am I doing wrong?

haloflightleader
January 19th, 2011, 11:01 PM
To further test, I installed 10.10 again in Virtual Box. I did the same vpnc configuration, this time it tells me:

The vpn connection '<insert name here>' failed because there were no valid VPN secrets.

What can I do?

h

haloflightleader
January 19th, 2011, 11:05 PM
To further test, I installed 10.10 again in Virtual Box. I did the same vpnc configuration, this time it tells me:

The vpn connection '<insert name here>' failed because there were no valid VPN secrets.

What can I do?

h

haloflightleader
January 19th, 2011, 11:05 PM

What can I do?

h

haloflightleader
January 19th, 2011, 11:13 PM
As another test, I created a PPTP VPN connection through network manager. This does not bring up the same error message.

nesquik
May 7th, 2011, 09:52 PM
Have you tried checking "Available to all users"?

See my thread: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1750132