PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Dual Internet Connection Headaches

sl4ck3r
January 19th, 2011, 03:39 AM
Hey there guys. I've got both a cable and DSL connection set up in my house. I've got Ubuntu Server 10.10 running and am using Shorewall to do all the configuring. I've got things set up as follows:

- eth0 (my LAN)
- eth1 (Cable)
- eth2/ppp0 (DSL/Primary Connection)

I've got things routing just fine, I am forcing all traffic from my LAN to my DSL connection (even though I've specified track,balance in my providers file). The headache comes from I want 2 of my computers on my LAN forced over to my cable connection and it seems that my system is just not having it. Here is what my route_rules file looks like:

#SOURCE DEST PROVIDER PRIORITY
192.168.0.20 - Distributel 11999
eth0 - MNSi 11999

When I remove the first line from route_rules everything works as it should, when I put it back, the computer at address 192.168.0.20 can't connect out to anything. I've verified that the connection is working and I'm getting DHCP (I'm getting dropped packets from various IP addresses from eth1 in my log file).

I've tried using Googles DNS servers in case it was a DNS issue but it is not.

I'm not really sure where to go from here.

Help? ](*,)

mips
January 19th, 2011, 09:07 AM
Provide configs from all machines in the network as well as output of traceroutes & ping.

A little diagram of the network would also help in visiualising your setup.

sl4ck3r
January 20th, 2011, 12:44 AM
Provide configs from all machines in the network as well as output of traceroutes & ping.

A little diagram of the network would also help in visiualising your setup.

Here's a diagram of how I have things set up. The 2 switches are used to minimize the cabling needed throughout the house.

What traceroutes/pings are you looking for exactly?

http://www.tunasandwich.net/images/ubuntuforum/network%20diagram.png