PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Driver help...

word327
January 18th, 2011, 10:09 AM
Hello all. I've got a box with an Asus M4N68T-M V2. Ubuntu 10.04 installed without a hitch. I've scoured the internet for about a week, but I simply can't find the onboard LAN drivers, and I can't an my old PCI NIC laying around anywhere. The LAN chipset is RTL8211CL-VB. If anyone knows a way around my problem (even a driver wrapper, or anything I can at least TRY), please advise.
Thank you all for your time!

amsterdamharu
January 18th, 2011, 10:13 AM
Just to make sure what's in your machine could you execute the following command and post the output?

sudo lspci -k

To execute the command you can press alt + F2, type gnome-terminal and click run. Then copy the command and paste it in the terminal (black screen that showed up after you clicked run). Use the mouse to paste commands in the terminal.
Then you can select all the text in the terminal, right click and select copy. When pasting it here please wrap it in [code] [/code] tags. In other words: [code]Your pasted stuff[/code]

dino99
January 18th, 2011, 12:17 PM
into a terminal, try either:

sudo update-initramfs -v -u -k `uname -r`
sudo update-initramfs -u

egolfb@gmail.com
March 16th, 2011, 02:48 AM
So did any of these produce a solution? I have just built a server using this motherboard and ubuntu 10.10 Server and have the same issue. I had to install and old lan card to do the install, but would like to use the Gb onboard card if possible.

Thanks for any help,