PDA

View Full Version : cannot get past 'who are you?' page of the install

dany boy
January 18th, 2011, 01:54 AM
i am trying to install mythbuntu 10.10 from the cd.
i cant get past the 'who are you?' page of the install as the 'forward' tab is greyed out and i cannot click on it.

how can i get past this please??

thanks in advance for any help.

Bucky Ball
January 18th, 2011, 01:57 AM
Try 10.04 LTS; better suited for new user as 10.10 is currently problematic.

drs305
January 18th, 2011, 02:01 AM
dany boy

Welcome to Ubuntu and the Ubuntu forums. :-)

Don't use Caps and spaces in your username and you will probably be allowed to continue.

oldsoundguy
January 18th, 2011, 02:03 AM
I went the way of installing Ubuntu and THEN installed the Myth packages from Synaptic. Gave me a much more flexible install .. one that had utilities and OS features as well as the PVR!

Bucky Ball
January 18th, 2011, 02:03 AM
dany boy

Don't use Caps and spaces in your username and you will probably be allowed to continue.

+1, good point.

mick222
January 18th, 2011, 02:05 AM
Try 10.04 LTS; better suited for new user as 10.10 is currently problematic.
Whats wrong with 10.10 Ive got it installed on 2 machines with no problems.

dany boy
January 18th, 2011, 02:08 AM
dany boy

Thanks drs305, i had a space LOL - school boy error ha ha - installing now thanks :)

dany boy
January 18th, 2011, 02:09 AM
dany boy

Thanks drs305, not enough characters then i had a space LOL - school boy error ha ha - installing now thanks :)

dany boy
January 18th, 2011, 02:13 AM
I went the way of installing Ubuntu and THEN installed the Myth packages from Synaptic. Gave me a much more flexible install .. one that had utilities and OS features as well as the PVR!

i was sgoing to do that but read that mythbuntu as a standalone was better for tv etc )as no openoffice etc), i want a decent OS for my htpc - all i will use it for is watching sat & terrestrial tv (no recording) internet and bbc iplayer etc, maybe a few games for the kids

Bucky Ball
January 18th, 2011, 02:13 AM
Whats wrong with 10.10 Ive got it installed on 2 machines with no problems.

You and me both, but if you've been checking the forums plenty of folks are not so lucky. There are numerous known issues and bug reports current.

This is occurring on some hardware configurations, not all, obviously.