PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] sshd2_config

Red Rebel
January 17th, 2011, 02:17 AM
I am reading Implementing SSH, Strategies for Optimizing the Secure Shell by Himanshu Dwivedi. After giving an overview of the sshd_config file, he starts talking about the sshd2_config file. I cannot find this file, and I am not exactly sure what he is talking about. I am attaching some excerpts from the book to give you guys an idea of what I am talking about. First let me say that, I asked this question on a different forum and someone said basically, that sshd2_config does not exist. I respectfully disagree because I don't think the author would bring it up. Please click on individual attachments and let me know what you think. Any Help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks again

cariboo
January 17th, 2011, 02:44 AM
I run openssh-server on my server, I don't have an sshd2_config in /etc/ssh:

The above is a listing of the directory

The author of the book is probably talking about ssh which is different from the version used on Ubuntu.

Red Rebel
January 17th, 2011, 02:45 AM
ok, i think I can answer my own question. As I read on, I realized that, he is talking about 3 different server options. OpenSSH, SSH Communications’ SSH Server, and VanDyke Softare’s VSHell SSH server. I am using OpenSSH, that is why the sshd2_config file is not there.

I will let users post any additional input before I close this in the next few days.

thanks.