PDA

View Full Version : Questions on the forum guide line that I need clarification on.

sinclair86
January 11th, 2011, 09:25 PM
* Trolling is posting in a way that provokes emotional responses.

Please clarify (or explain differently).

The thread has run it's course and posts have begun repeating themes

Please clarify repeating themes.

The thread has degraded into an argument

Please clarify argument.
Please clarify who decides whether or not its an argument?

Profanity: We have users of all age groups and of all tolerance levels where profanity is concerned. A language filter is in place to catch most major forms of profanity that may accidentally be used. Do not attempt to circumvent the language filter by using variations or slight misspellings of profanities.

Profanity?

Im sorry to be so picky about such things, but I feel I am being persecuted before I am heard out. To be respected it has to be shown that one can respect others first. If that is true if it seems I am disrespectful it is only in response to being disrespected. Now if I am wrong about respect and it something that is demanded before it can be shown, if everyone demanded respect, but no one offered it, who is going to be respected? Words carry no emotion. The only emotions they carry are the ones people place on them. If someone doesnt understand would they not be angry? If someone understood and could relate would they not be happy? Its in combination of words and emotions that most people understand. I can only understand in words so I need this clarification please.

cariboo907
January 11th, 2011, 10:09 PM
* Trolling is posting in a way that provokes emotional responses.

Maybe Wikipedia explains it better for you, troll (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troll_(Internet))

The thread has run it's course and posts have begun repeating themes

Sometimes because of the length of a thread, posters do't read the thread from the start, and chime in with the same thing that has already been posted several time over in the thread.

The thread has degraded into an argument

Using some of the mono pro/anti threads as an example, the threads usually end up with posters saying that mine is better than yours. We like to see discussions on topic, but when the threads degrade into the posters saying their opinions are better than anyone else's, then we close it.

Im sorry to be so picky about such things, but I feel I am being persecuted before I am heard out. To be respected it has to be shown that one can respect others first. If that is true if it seems I am disrespectful it is only in response to being disrespected. Now if I am wrong about respect and it something that is demanded before it can be shown, if everyone demanded respect, but no one offered it, who is going to be respected? Words carry no emotion. The only emotions they carry are the ones people place on them. If someone doesnt understand would they not be angry? If someone understood and could relate would they not be happy? Its in combination of words and emotions that most people understand. I can only understand in words so I need this clarification please.

We have members as young as 8 years old, as well others from all walks of life, our members are multinational, where in a lot f cases, English is a second language, the best way to make yourself understood is to keep your posts to plain English

You only have to read the second paragraph of the code of conduct to see what we are trying to do here.

The purpose of the Ubuntu Forums is to provide support for Ubuntu. We also want this to be a place where community can develop and we can enjoy one another's company. To achieve this, we strive to maintain an atmosphere that can be enjoyed by all and we ask all members of the community to be respectful at all times. This means please use etiquette and politeness. Treat people with kindness, gentleness and respect. If you do this, the rest of the code of conduct won't need more than a cursory mention.

If you find people disrespectful please report them.

KiwiNZ
January 12th, 2011, 03:01 AM
Please clarify (or explain differently).

Please clarify repeating themes.

Please clarify argument.
Please clarify who decides whether or not its an argument?

Profanity?

All of the above are from the Forum Code of Conduct. When you joined these Forums you agreed to the code and agreed to abide by that code Code and to post accordingly.

If you feel you are no longer able to agree with Code of Conduct we can with draw your membership.

bodhi.zazen
January 12th, 2011, 08:58 PM
We post the "rules" of guidelines in the [url=http://bodhizazen.net/Tutorials/iptables]Code of Conduct[/code]

We rely on the staff to interpret the rules (as it is next to impossible to list in detail every potential violation or misbehavior).

The resolution center is where you can ask us, the administrators to review an action by the staff.

In terms of your post here, the Code of Conduct stand on it's own and we are not about to go through it line by line, word by word.

Other then that, honestly I have no idea what you are so upset about. Is there a post or thread or something you would like us to review ? If so, please post a link or some kind of background information.

sinclair86
January 12th, 2011, 10:22 PM
Sigh.... I am not upset. It seems I still am being misunderstood. So it seems as I see, others still cannot. Is that a fair statement? If that is true then the opposite will be true. But there is no one here that I cannot see as, so then, its others that still cannot see as me. I will take my leave and this thread can be closed, but before I go I would just like to make a statement. Within this statement there is truth, but within truth there are lies. So before someone can pull apart how I think he (or she) has to be able to realize how they think and why they do so.

As stated in the "Code of Conduct":

Trolling is posting in a way that provokes emotional responses.

happy sad angry joy hate love etc. emotional responses, correct? Now provokes. What "provokes" a person to respond with an emotional response? Is it a statement (words within a meaning) or the words used (meaning within the words) or both (meaning words). If it is a response, then how can one communicate the idea? If it is to be the meaning within words, then how can one describe the idea? Or both? Describing Communication. So if there is no emotional response in the words where do they come from? If I use both (words meaning what I say or meaning the words I say) Then who fault is it? The one who understands or the one who doesnt? If one does not understand then they should not answer before asking. The rules you have place within this forum have frozen (in time) the forum. Space will always pass through time. As such here (in space) I am. I can see that this forum will remain as such and as it stand I am not bound (while in space) to the limits of time. Hopefully by saying this, this (in time) forum will become unfrozen and begin to move (in space) again. Just know I will not be here to say I told you so. So instead of trying to safeguard a broken system, fix it first then guard it. Never guard something that is broken because it will never be whole. Cheers!

KiwiNZ
January 12th, 2011, 10:34 PM
With all due respect , your last post makes no sense what so ever. I believe that in your best interest you need to take a sabbatical from these Forums.

I will impose a 3 month ban on your account to facilitate this.