PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Themes and The Cube!

makani808
January 9th, 2011, 09:08 AM
I am a 100% newbie to the Ubuntu Envoronment and i need some major help! i saw some videos on youtube for ubuntu and how to use it. i got it installed and running side by side with windows XP. im trying to get "the cube" to work with both nixiepixels way and microhelpers way (both videos on how to do the cube) and its not working. im following it to the best of my understanding and im not getting any results. my other problem is im trying to get themes to work. i followed nixiepixels way again (im a fan) but its not working. i had tired gettin the "rasta farai" theme but i cant get it. HELP? please im a real big newbie

Kasami
January 9th, 2011, 09:26 AM
First of all, welcome to Ubuntu and the forums.

Next getting themes working:

Go to System > Preferences > Appearance

Then click a different them and see if that works. Did you want to install another theme? If so go to a site for downloading them, I suggest gnome-look.org click gtk 2.x on the left hand sidebar and look for one you like, download it and open Appearance. Click "Install..." and look for the file you just downloaded (Default is "Downloads" then you should be able to use it.